Monday, May 18, 2009

One thing common in all countries? The love of FOOD


Right now I am at work, waiting for my supervisor (it's my first day in Le soutien) to come... I assume that she won't arrive for a few hours (gotta love africa time it is the same as filipino time). Since there is internet access, I thought I would blog about food in Abidjan. One word: AMAZING. The picture above is Foutou (basically mashed plantains that you eat with your hands and dip in fish and sauce). Other foods that I have tried so far is Attieke (sticky rice and fish) and Alloco (fish and fried plantains). Most things you eat with your hands, but who cares. I cannot get over how good the food is. The host family that me and the other canadian (Jaqui) are living with make such good dishes. Our "Mama" reminds me so much of my own mom because she is so proud of her food and wants us to always eat. And we both love the food so really their is no complaining going on!

I hope to taste more amazing cultural dishes and blog crazy about them! However, I have been getting a bad case of Diarrehea, I think it is because my stomach is getting use to the food. But I seriously hope to recreate the food here when I get back home (it will not taste the same at all but I will try!).

Till the next blog. *hugs* and loves from Abidjan

No comments: