Friday, May 8, 2009

Baby bird flying out of the nest Part I (Waiting for my flight to Dubai)

As I sit here at the Toronto airport waiting for my flight to Dubai, I find myself contemplating on this adventure to come... I feel like a baby bird flying out of their nest. Not really knowing what I am doing, dazed but still head strong on taking this "flight". This sentiment was further validated just a moment ago when I went through customs with questions and comments thrown at me such as: "Oh your going to Africa?" "How old are you?" "Awww, you look so scared". I am not afraid to admit that I am scared out of my body to what will happen when I arrive... I have a faint idea of what to expect of Abidjan but things are never what they seem and I guess that is the beauty of this adventure!

This is my little rant before I board my flight. So expect a little blog in Dubai on further thoughts and feelings on the internship, etc.

Cheers to 2 flights away from Abidjan!

No comments: